If you're looking to create a blog on Carrd, here's what you need to know. Carrd is a popular one-page website builder that has helped over 800,000 users create more than 1.2 million websites. It's easy to use, and users can quickly create responsive websites with a variety of templates available for landing pages, portfolios, and other functionalities.
However, Carrd is not the best option for complex web projects or multi-site websites, and it may not be the most suitable platform for blogging.
Nevertheless, you can still add a blog on any Carrd website using Feather. With Feather, you can extend your website functionality to support a full-featured blog.
More important, Feather can easily be on a subfolder /blog of your existing domain e.g. example.com/blog. This is also very good for SEO as the blog will be on the same domain as your main website and is part of the main website.
In this post, we’ll show you how to add a full-featured blog to your Carrd website using Feather. Also, we’ll share some tips on how to optimize it for maximum impact.
Carrd vs Feather
The conventional way of adding a blog on Carrd is by embedding your blog on Carrd’s website homepage. While this looks cool, there’s a lot of downside to it.
- It will affect your website’s load response time and also affect the blog as Carrd was not designed to host multi-sites. If you’re going heavy on blogging, this is not ideal.
- It will also affect SEO. Although Carrd has its own SEO properties, however, having your blog on the same domain as your website (Feather makes this possible) is a better SEO option
- Managing content on Carrd is not as easy as using Feather (because Feather literally uses Notion for content management).
Now, this is why you should use Feather to add your blog to your Carrd website:
- Feather helps you easily manage a large number of posts and visitors. Since it is an external blog platform. You can create as much content as you want and also get millions of users without breaking the site down.
- It helps you write in your favorite tool, Notion. It is fastly becoming the favorite tool for blogging because it helps you create, organize and manage your blog process. This will help you optimize your blog activities.
- SEO-optimization: When you use Feather to create your blog, your blog will be optimized for these search engines. Feather follows all the guidelines specified by these search engines and made it super easy for Google to discover and index your blog.
Also, Feather helps keep your website and blog on the same domain e.g yoursite.com/blog. This is good for aesthetics and SEO.
- Feather generates a dynamic sitemap and RSS feed for your blog. This makes it easy for Google to know what all posts and pages you have in your blog. People can in turn subscribe to your blog RSS Feed and also get notified when you publish a new post.
Creating a blog on Carrd in a subfolder with Feather
- You’ll need to have an existing Carrd Pro Standard account and website. This ensures you can use a custom domain for your Carrd website. You can use the free version if you don’t care about a custom domain.
- You need to create a Feather account as well and connect your Notion with it.
Feather uses Notion as CMS.
Creating a blog on Carrd in a subfolder with Feather is easy and you don’t have to worry about the technicalities.
You can contact us directly via the chatbot and we’ll set this up for you.
With access to your Cloudflare account, we’ll set it up for you in ten minutes.
How to Promote Your Blog on Carrd
If you have created a blog on Carrd (using Feather), congratulations! Now it's time to start promoting it so that people can discover your content. Here are some tips for promoting your Carrd blog:
- Share your blog on social media: One of the easiest ways to promote your blog on Carrd is by sharing it on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram. Make sure to share your blog link regularly and use relevant hashtags to reach a wider audience.
- Guest post on other blogs: Look for other blogs that are related to your niche and offer to guest post. This will help you reach a new audience and establish yourself as an authority in your niche.
- Use email marketing: Email marketing is a great way to keep your audience engaged with your blog. Use a tool like Mailchimp or ConvertKit to create a mailing list and send newsletters regularly.
- Optimize your blog for SEO: With Feather, your blog posts are optimized for search engines so that people can find them when searching for relevant topics.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments on your blog and social media channels. Engage with your readers by asking for feedback or suggestions for future content. You will need to create an account on Disqus or Cusids and enter the id in Feather to integrate a comment section into your blog.
If you run your website on Carrd and you have been worried about how to create a blog on it without experiencing any limitations, then Feather is the best bet.
With Feather, you’ll have a fully-functioning blog on your Carrd website that both supports SEO and also prioritizes effective content management via Notion.
Ready to start your blogging journey? Sign up to Feather for free for the next seven days.